I’m Breathing On My Dead Body… English Poem

Rai, Ashok K. ‘A K.'
Creative Writing 

I’m Breathing On My Dead Body…

I’m breathing death…
Only my acceptance
Made me feel alive
Otherwise
I’m living dead.

My dream has been deferred
My life was violently interfered
Neither I can lament nor end myself
My eyes never learnt to smile
How can I celebrate my life …
Every night I commemorate my death
I’m breathing on my dead body…

As I was born I was banished to live
My freedom was seized  
And now here I’m renting it …
When I was in my heaven
(When I was in my motherland)
My smiles were forbidden …
That’s why even now
In this fragrance
I’m breathing dead…

I wish I could dance glory
In the open sky
But my every memory pulls me down
And hits me to my death…
You know, I smell different, right?
Because I’m walking on my dead body …
Only my acceptance
Made me feel alive
Otherwise
I’m living dead
Breathing on my dead body…


Comments

Popular Posts